About Terryl Ebony
Terryl Ebony is an national empowerment speaker, life & business strategist, author, community activist, and mother. Terryl is as a keynote, guest speaker, host, panel member, and training facilitator for events and conferences throughout the country. Terryl helps new and aspiring entrepreneurs, business owners, and thought leaders find, embrace, and live in their purpose through virtual and in-person groups, along with 1-1 strategic sessions for those who prefer a more personalized interaction. Terryl’s area of focus is self-empowerment for personal & professional development. Terryl is also a mother of two, a position she holds as her primary job and main priority.
Terryl is the author of “Losing Love, Having Faith & Finding Hope”. This powerful self-help guide allows parents to develop and/or strengthen their parent-child(ren) relationships. Terryl is also the co-author of "Delayed But Not Denied", where she pens a chapter called "When I Stopped Playing Double-Dutch".
Terryl is the founder/Executive Director of The Misunderstood Youth Development Center (MYDC), whose mission to create various peer-oriented programs that allows self-expression while “helping to understand, develop and stimulate the minds of our youth.” Terryl created and implemented “The Fresh Start Program”, an alternative sentencing program ran through the Queens District Attorney’s Office for youth ages 14 - 20.
Terryl has been recognized for being a Write-In Candidate in the 2015 special election campaign for NYS Assembly. She facilitated the 1st Youth Committee for the 31st Council District Participatory Budgeting Initiative. She currently sits on her community board. Finally, She has received the following awards and recognition for her works in the community:
- Congressional Achievement Award from the 5th Congressional District Leader for mentoring young women;
- Women’s History Month Achievement Award from the National Action Network, Queen Chapter;
- Proclamation MYDC & Losing Love, Having Faith & Finding Hope from 29th NYS Assembly District;
- Proclamation for MYDC from the Brooklyn Borough President;
- Citation from the 28th City Council District;
- Citation from the 14th Senate District;
- Outstanding Dedication & Commitment to NYC from NYC Public Advocate
- Community Service Award from the Mayor and Village of Hempstead, Long Island.
Recognizing her journey is far from over, Terryl aspires to do more in her community and around the world.